From just £50 you can dedicate a tree at Farmeco to commemorate someone or something special.
We have pre-selected a number of mature trees across the edible woodland that you can adopt, and your donation will support the ongoing maintenance of Farmeco projects and partner charities.
Planting a tree as a memorial gift is a unique and thoughtful way to express your feelings and allow the memory of someone special to live on.
Your tree adoption will last for 10 years and we will put your chosen name(s) and a short message on the plaque. You will receive a certificate, and a map showing the location of your tree, and by appointment you can view a commemorative book we will hold onsite at Farmeco.
- Can I adopt a tree as a gift for someone? Absolutely, we can start your adoption on a chosen date too, be it a birth date, wedding day or another special occasion.
- Can I pick the tree? You can pick a ‘zone’ of the Park to adopt a tree but will not be able to select a specific tree to adopt. The farmer has selected mature trees that will not be damaged by the tree tags, and as a registered cooperative with limited resources we cannot fulfil requests for a specific tree.
- Can I plant my own tree? No, Adopt a Tree is a programme for existing mature specimens on the Home Farm.
- What if my tree is felled? In the unfortunate circumstance that an adopted tree is felled, a suitable replacement will be offered.
- How long does the tree adoption last? Adoption lasts for 10 years, with the adopter given first refusal at the end of the term to renew for another decade.
- Can I adopt for longer than 10 years? Yes, please speak to our team on firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss options.
- Is it possible to scatter ashes or leave flowers by my adopted tree? We ask that no flowers or memorabilia are left by trees at the Home Farm, and that ashes are not scattered anywhere at the Farm.
- How can I view the Adopt a Tree commemorative book? Contact the team on email@example.com to arrange an appointment to view the book.
- How will I know which tree I have adopted? Each tree adopted will be tagged, with information including the species, a number, and will include the name(s) and a short message. The Team will let you know where your tree is.
- Will the tree tag damage the tree? No, a single stainless-steel nail will attach the adoption tag to the tree to prevent damage. Each tree will be monitored on an ongoing basis.
- Where are the trees? Trees have been selected across the farm and we have ‘zones’ with a limited number of trees available in each.
If you wish to adopt a tree, kindly fill in the form here.