- Written by Peace
Spring into action with Thorpe Performance
Dan Thorpe moved his gym from Bingham to Farmeco in August last year. His team has expertise in personal training, strength enhancement and conditioning.
It supports a huge variety of people of all ages and ability, offering something for everyone whatever their personal goals. Whether clients have had a knee or hip replacement or are simply returning to fitness, whether they’re a seasoned professional training for an upcoming event or have never trained for anything, the team has an appropriate fitness plan for all.
Environment and nature are a huge part of Thorpe Performance’s ethos, and Dan is keen to get outside and utilise the great outdoors at every opportunity as a valuable addition to his extensive range of indoor equipment. Since arriving last August in the heat wave, followed by a very wet winter, Dan has been looking forward to the new and exciting opportunities the spring weather can offer, not least the additional benefits of an outdoor route along the goat run and the possibility longer term of green gym equipment further down the trail.
Friday 13 March sees the inclusion of Power Yoga. New coach Polly spent three weeks in Sri Lanka in preparation. A longstanding member of Team Thorpe, Polly might well be one of the strongest yoga instructors around!Spring also sees the return of the Prowler! – the what? In its purest form it’s a weighted sled that we push and pull. We’ve created a dedicated prowler track along the rear decking of the gym so clients can enjoy fresh air, birdsong and encouragement from the goats as they toil against the weight of the prowler.
Spring also sees preparations step up a notch for Team Thorpe as our clients get ready for a host of upcoming events over the summer;
- Nicola and Phillip are competing at the Spartan Forge Strength Competition at the end of March.
- In May, #TeamThorpe take on the Yorkshire 3 Peaks
- A number of teams are taking part in the National Fitness Games in Birmingham
- Various clients will be competing throughout the year on the Spartan Obstacle Course Circuit
- Holly is preparing for her first marathon – the London Marathon in April.
- Dan will be taking on the Jungfrau Mountain Marathon in Switzerland in September for the second time with the aim of beating last years time.
There’s a lot happening down on the farm, so if you’re curious and what to know more or are ready to jump in straight away, pop in for a chat or head over to WWW.THORPEPERFORMANCE.COM We look forward to meeting you!