CLOSED Until Further Notice
Farmeco Community Care (a community benefit society) is based in Screveton Nottinghamshire. The community farm has 1000s of fruit trees including apples and in addition to selling and juicing the apples, we are setting up a community cider club.
What will the cider club do?
The cider club will hold regular monthly meetings and as well as wider community events. Wider community events might include an Apple Day and Wassail (to promote a good harvest).
The sort of activities that we'll get involved in at the cider club will include:
- Cider tasting including food pairings
- Expert guidance in making cider
- All stages of making cider from pressing the apples to bottling and maturing (and drinking of course!)
- Tree pruning
- Apple harvesting
- Visiting other producers and clubs
- Preparing other drinks such as country wines or infused spirits
- Annual cider club celebratory picnic and bbq where we enjoy quaffing our delicious brew!
How much does it cost?
The cost of membership to the cider club is £12 per year. This fee will be used to pay for administration, expert advice, equipment, produce etc.
When are the meetings?
Meetings mainly take place at Farmeco, Home Farm, Screveton. Car share lifts from Nottingham or Newark can be arranged.
For more information, Contact Kristina on firstname.lastname@example.org
Read the latest goings-on at the cider club in the news and updates